What a day!
On Friday 31st March, I spoke and exhibited at this year’s Leamington Business Show and I had an amazing day!
The show is organised by the Leamington Business Forum and was held in the Leamington Town Hall. There were more than 70 exhibitors over two rooms with the seminars held in a third room.
I spoke at the first seminar at 10 am. I shared insights into social media, networking, building assets for your business, personal development and planning ahead.
It was packed and we had a full house with people standing at the back! When I asked how people heard about it, most said from social media (I did promote it leading up to the event).
Everyone who attended will receive a copy of the notes shortly.
Here are the 3 things focussed on during the event:
- I saw many of the Leamington Hour Networkers and also met and had lots of conversations with new people for the first time.
- Spoke to many people about Grow Coventry and about its launch on Tuesday 25th April. Click here for more information about Grow Coventry!
- I launched my first E-Book called “How to use Twitter in 3 simple steps”. If you would like your free copy of this then CLICK HERE!
Here are 5 things that I have learnt from this event:
- If you are presenting or talking at a seminar then tell people about it!
- Have many small conversations as you do not know where those will lead to.
- Say hello to your existing network when you see them at the show.
- Plan and prepare beforehand (get your stand and products organised), during (have a plan and know what you are going to talk to people about) and after (send personalised emails and follow the people you have met on social media).
- Build assets from the event that you can use in the future. Examples can be photos, interviews, blog posts, newsletters and so much more.
Thank you to everyone who popped by the stand to say hello. I have already signed up for the Stratford Business Show in October as both the organisation and the event itself were fantastic.
All the best and speak to you soon,